Posted by : Rajat Sunday, December 11, 2011

I finally found the courage to buy a Macro lens (Tamron 90mm 1:1 Macro F2.8 - Nikon mount), the deal put me back by $450 (yeah could have bought a laptop in this price) but I guess that’s the price for passion these days .. No regrets.

Winter is not the best time to do macro photography, all the cute little flowers and the tiny bugs are either dead or dying.. not a sight you would like to capture.. or so i thought.

I did manage to capture some decent shots which shows the power of my new lens. Pros -  please spare me, its my first attempt with this lens, though comments for improvement are always welcomed.

Note : Apart from adding a border and signature there is no post processing done on these pictures, not even brightness or contrast.

So to begin with a shot of red plum Roma Tomatoes -

berrys

Ha ha .. got you.. these are not tomatoes they are wild berries, each one few mm in size. That’s what a macro lens can do. I tried some more close up shots, but with the chilly wind the hands shook and picture came out a bit blurred.

Next - Here is a shot of drying plant from 2 feet just to give you an idea how good this lens is. Love the brokeh.

2feet1

And here is the close up right off the lens.

2feetcloseup

Nice eh?

Here is another example, this shot is from about one foot away.

1feet

And this is from about 2 centimeter.

1feetcloseup

But this lens is not restricted to only macro photography, it can click some real nice normal photographs too. I can be used as a portrait lens, maybe not as sharp as my cheap 50mm prime, but very close. Here is an example of some formation on a tree, this object is about 12-13inches long, look at the detail this lens could capture.

3-1 

At the end all i would say is.. more to come :)

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Sample Text

Text Widget

Labels

All Photographs Copyright © 2009 - 2012 Rajat Ahuja. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Followers